Starting at $1500
Create a Custom Self Guided Bike Tour!
There is no better way to experience Wine Country than from the seat of a bike; feeling the breeze play across your face and riding over the rolling hills lends a sense of intimacy to your vacation that would otherwise be missing. Day trips in the area are wonderful, but to truly experience all the magic this region has to offer there is no better option than a multi day, self guided bike tour.
Self Guided Bike Tours Rock!
To make your time spent here even better, we take care of all the details, allowing you to just ride and enjoy your stay! We book all accommodations, transport your luggage, and provide detailed routes that include all the hidden gems that only a local can find. This gives you the freedom to move at your perfect pace, and to leave your worries with us as you explore the beauty of Napa and Sonoma Counties. Each trip we create is unique; we work with you to craft a tour that is perfectly tailored to your interests, schedule, and riding ability. Explore some of the options we offer on our self guided bike tour package below.
Napa Valley, a name synonymous with winemaking and all that comes with it. Napa gets a lot of hype, and absolutely lives up to every word! From the Rose and Pinot Noir of the Carneros region, to the spas and hot springs of Calistoga, Napa offers a wide range of incredible experiences for both body and soul.
Napa Valley Highlights
- History: Napa Valley is steeped in the history of viticulture. Some of the oldest operational wineries in the state reside here, alongside ancient vineyards. Marvel at the splendor of soaring chateaus nestled among the modern wine production facilities.
- Cuisine: While well known as a Mecca of wine, Napa Valley also boasts a venerated culinary tradition as well. With 7 Michelin Starred restaurants and dozens of other phenomenal eateries the area is a foodie's delight!
- Relaxation: The Northern Napa Valley, and Calistoga especially, is widely known for its natural hot springs and mineral baths, making it the perfect place to experience luxury spa treatments. Feel your troubles melt away at these award winning spas, all while sipping a glass of your favorite, newly discovered wine.
- Scenery: The valley is bordered by the Mayacamas Mountains to the west and the Vaca Mountains to the east, and at no more than 5 miles across at its widest point this creates spectacular views of both! This varied topography allows the valley to produce several distinctly different varieties of wine as well as providing a spectacular backdrop to the region.
While often overshadowed by its smaller neighbor in terms of awareness, Sonoma County is equally as stunning and exciting as Napa. With 60,000 acres of planted vineyards and 17 AVAs (American Viticultural Areas), Sonoma actually produces far more wine than Napa. Wine, however, isn't all you'll discover here. With climates ranging from cool, wet forests to sun kissed valleys, not to mention 50 miles of pristine California coastline, Sonoma County offers an incredible variety of scenery and activities.
Sonoma County Highlights:
- Coastline: The rugged Sonoma Coast is magnificent and unforgettable. With towering cliffs, rocky shorelines, and huge swell, having the mighty Pacific as your backdrop makes for some incredible rides!
- Redwoods: These towering giants are a reminder of the once great forest that blanketed Northern California. While there may not be as many as there once were, (there's a reason that Guerneville was nicknamed "stumptown"), the remaining groves are still majestic and fully worth a stop.
- Variety: Few wine growing regions in the world can match the diversity of climate and scenery found in Sonoma County. From historical sites to modern wineries, everything can be found here!
In addition to offering a wide range of routes and locations, we offer multiple tiers of lodging, ranging from economical to luxurious. We are happy to provide accommodations tailored to any budget:
Enjoy your stay in Wine Country without breaking the bank! We book the best deals possible if you choose the classic option. Let us do the hard work of finding incredible rates on lodging at locations that still provide the vacation experience that you are looking for. Sample Location: Fairfield Inn & Suites Santa Rosa Sebastopol
King Room at Fairfield Inn & Suites
Comfort: a word synonymous with a Wine Country Vacation. Looking to find the best B&B's that the area has to offer? Then this option is for you! We find the most charming locations that are brimming with amenities and beautiful scenery for the comfort package. This is the perfect choice for those who want an authentic Wine Country experience. Sample Location: Daisy's Guest House
King Wine Garden Suite at Daisy's Guest House
Want to experience Wine Country in ultimate style? Our luxury option offers lodging at some of the finest hotels and resorts in the area. Unwind after a long day of riding at world-renowned spas and enjoy your time at award winning properties. This is the perfect choice for those that want a top tier experience! Sample location: Solage Calistoga
Calistoga King Studio at Solage
Self Guided Bike Tour Sample Itinerary
- Day 1: What better way to begin your trip than by biking through a few of the most celebrated vineyards in Northern California? We’ll stop for a few wine tastings so you can judge for yourself which you like the best. Later that day, we’ll introduce you to a town voted by Fodor’s as “one of the 10 best small towns in America”.
- Day 2: This day you experience, first hand, the world-acclaimed wine growing appellations that are part of the Dry Creek Valley and Alexander Valley. You’ll get a taste (or two) of why these areas are famous for such amazing, award-winning wines. Of course, there’s also time to visit some hidden treasures along the way.
- Day 3: We follow the Russian River to a magnificent forest of 1,400-year-old coastal redwoods. After lunch, we’ll head to the coast, home of fiercely independent and hardworking fishermen … and totally relaxed sea lions, both of whom are experts at catching the region’s succulent salmon, oysters, abalone and Dungeness crab. Of course, we’ll make sure you get your share of that bounty, too.
- Day 4: Biking through the historic and charming town of Bodega — also home of Alfred Hitchcock’s “The Birds” — we continue onward to visit destinations that are beloved by those in the know. The rewards may be fresh hot cinnamon bread straight from wood fired brick ovens, a cheese artisan and his goats, a fantasy street peopled by the creations of one gifted artist or have a chance to discover the Barlow, home to food producers, wine makers, brewers, distillers, and artists.
- Day 5: This day’s ride will take you to the Valley of the Moon, which is less exotic but even more spectacular than the name implies. Jack London called it home, leaving behind buildings created in a mix of iconic early 20th century architecture, as well as acres of trails and breathtaking vistas of the majestic Sonoma Mountain. Our final night calls for a special celebratory dinner.
- Day 6: Before saying good-bye, you’ll have time to create your own morning itinerary. You can go for one last amazing bike ride, pop into the one-of-a-kind boutique shops found inside the old adobe storefronts on the plaza, tour General Vallejo’s historic home; or just sit with your coffee in any of Sonoma’s beautiful sunlit courtyards. We’ll have everything taken care of for your departure. All you’ll need do is pack.
Starting at $950
Starting at $1200
Starting at $1500
Starting at $1700
Starting at $2000
Starting at $2500
Starting at $800
Starting at $1000
Starting at $1300
Starting at $1500
Starting at $1800
Starting at $2250
Plan Your Trip
Our reservations specialists are ready to plan the perfect self guided bike tour for you! Don’t worry if you aren’t exactly sure what you would like to do or where you would like to go; we can’t wait to recommend the spots you’ve never heard of.
**4 Day Self Guided Bike Tours also available, inquire with our planning specialists.
If a self guided bike tour sounds amazing but you are looking for the top tier of service and hospitality, explore our fully guided, week long experience, Sonoma on a Bike.
Varies with guest location choices.
- All Lodging
- Luggage Transfer Each Day
- All Breakfasts
- Detailed Routes and GPS
- Suggested Stops
- Week-long Bike Rental*
- All Other Gear (Helmet, Water Bottle, Bike Lock…)
- Emergency Roadside Assistance
Does Not Include:
- Meals Other Than Breakfast
- Wine Tasting Fees
- Extra Hotel Charges (Spa Treatments, Room Service…)
*Additional charge for road and electric bikes, please see gear page for all bike options.
For important additional details including a weather forecast, please visit our FAQ for terms and policies.